Best Thaï Curry In The World
Ingredients for 4 people: (15 min)
- 3 shallots
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breast or Quorn equivalent
- 1 courgette
- 2 peppers
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 100g curry paste (choose your color)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- optional: sweet basil (because I can put this everywhere)
- optional: 1 dry chili (if you like it spicy)
- optional: fresh coriander (fits the receipe but not a big fan, personal taste)
Put some good music and get a glass of wine (that’s for you!).
Prepare the jasmine rice in boiling water.
Cut the 3 shallots as small as possible and stir them in hot vegetable oil in a wok or large pan.
Add the meat (chicken or Quorn in my case).
When they start to color, you can basically add all the other ingredients:
peppers and the courgette (cut them the way you like),
curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, coconut milk,
finely chopped: kaffir lime leaves, dry chili, a bit of dry sweet basil,
1 lemongrass stalk finely chopped and the other one cut in 4 pieces (don’t eat those).
Boil it for 2 minutes then cook slowly (when you feel the vegetables are ready), and taste (should be awesome). Adjust if necessary (meh, it’s awesome…).
Cry because it’s freaking good! 🙂